5ft primary hose and a dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaGuy

Contributor
Reaction score
I've just ordered a dry suit and have changed my primary hose to a 5ft hose. This is only for a single tank setup and also no overhead. Rec diving only. I've been doing some reading here and people say that a 5ft hose is too short and does not have optium routing when wearing a dry suit. 7ft is too long for me.

Anyone using a 5ft hose with a drysuit? If so, any problems?

I guess I will just have to wait and see when my ds arrives.

Aqua Guy

One of my classmates in Fundies was using a five foot hose. It routed okay, but after doing a bunch of air-share drills in class with people using the 7 foot hose, he decided it was much nicer to have the longer reach and switched. I use a 7 foot, and it's a little long -- no matter how I route it, there's some slop somewhere -- but after seeing my classmates five footer, I stuck with what I had. Six feet would probably be perfect, but that's a custom length.

5 is ok but 7 is much better... There's a bunch of DIR guys there... ask them if they have a spare 7 so you can dive them both and then decide.... :)

Remember Ebay is the divers friend :)

AquaGuy:
I've just ordered a dry suit and have changed my primary hose to a 5ft hose. This is only for a single tank setup and also no overhead. Rec diving only. I've been doing some reading here and people say that a 5ft hose is too short and does not have optium routing when wearing a dry suit. 7ft is too long for me.

Anyone using a 5ft hose with a drysuit? If so, any problems?

I guess I will just have to wait and see when my ds arrives.

Aqua Guy

Try it and see for yourself. The 5ft hose is too short with a drysuit and nothing will prove it better than 1st hand experience.

If you think the 7ft hose is too long then you're most likely not routing it properly.

R..

TSandM:
One of my classmates in Fundies was using a five foot hose. It routed okay, but after doing a bunch of air-share drills in class with people using the 7 foot hose, he decided it was much nicer to have the longer reach and switched. I use a 7 foot, and it's a little long -- no matter how I route it, there's some slop somewhere -- but after seeing my classmates five footer, I stuck with what I had. Six feet would probably be perfect, but that's a custom length.

Actually, that's not such a weird thought. I know a few divers who use 8ft hoses because they're very tall......if you're shorter than average then a 6ft hose might be just what you need.

R..

I'm tall - 6'4'' so I guess I am going probably end up with a 7' hose. I' more concerned about not being able to turn my head to the left without resistance. With my wetsuit, the 5ft works fine, but I have a feeling the drysuit will be a different story.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom