55 dives so far in may.FL GA SC NC fish,wrecks, meg teeth..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

100days-a-year

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Grouper season opened and the boat went back in the water hard.We have taken off for weather a few days.

Highlights include..
Diving an 1840s era wreck w gopro footage to be on youtube later

Having 20+sandbars chase a diver out of the water

Harvesting 300 pounds of lionfish so far

Diving the Hebe,St Cathan,Ore freighter,Pipe wreck,Valour tug,Tauracavor,YDS 68 and a ton of ledges

Finding a new Meg area with teeth to 5" so far

Seeing a lot of big animals..hammerhead,countless sandtigers,sandbar,dusky,tiger,nurse sharks,8' wide stingrays and more

good vis and warmish 74 water

Back at it next week!

Great report Tony!! You guys are finding smoother waters than us Florida divers so far in May.

Yep,never got over 2 feet,with just enough breeze and cool air to sleep at night.

keep up the good work...enjoy.

Can you detail the GA dives a little, where from,where to, who with? Looks like another year I won't make it back to the Keys.

thanks in advance,
Mike

I took the boat from Jacksonville to Murrells Inlet diving the whole way.1 day off St. Marys 1 off Brunswick and 1 off Savannah.100 to 120'.Dove a few natural wrecks but mostly ledges.Almost all my diving in the US has been on either my personal boat or a commercial one I was Cap or Mate on.I have had a few recreational divers along for giggles or to try out for a job over the years.

Thanks for sharing, looks like that's a little too deep for me.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom