5060 OLY.... And Lexar 40x 1gb with OLY Pt-020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mverick

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has used the Lexar 40x 1gb cards. Just ordered one and was wondering how well they work. $265 shipped

Found a place that sells the PT-020 for $239 also.

http://seashooters.com/olympusu-w.asp

Will be playing on Jan 31st. With new toy...

I got the Ridata 52X 1GB CF card for $240 last week... I can't wait to use it :biggrin:

Mverick:
Just wondering if anybody has used the Lexar 40x 1gb cards. Just ordered one and was wondering how well they work. $265 shipped

Found a place that sells the PT-020 for $239 also.

http://seashooters.com/olympusu-w.asp

Will be playing on Jan 31st. With new toy...

are you talking microdrive or xd or what. i thought the limit was 512meg wexcept for microdrive... i just bought a 512 meg xd.

I have been using a 1GB Ridata 52X for a couple months now. It works very well and holds a ton of pictures. In my C5050 at HQ it holds 843 pictures. If I remember correctly, about 283 at SHQ. I may buy another one.

if your wanting to compare media brands here is my indepth review that i wrote for here.

http://www.scubaboard.com/t42197.html about half way down the page.

This coming spring i will be testing more CF cards to see how they compare, but i think the results will be the same in the ridata will still be king.

Tooth

Has anyone tried the transcend 2.2G CF card? I found this while surfing around.....

Transcend 2.2GB Compact Flash Type II MicroDrive

Transcend proudly announces the new 2.2GB CF+ Type II 1” HDD. The 2.2GB CF+ Type II 1” HDD is a low-cost, high capacity storage device designed for bulk data accessing users of audio MP3 player, digital camera, notebook PCs, pocket PC's and other portable devices. Capacity of CF+Type II 1” HDD consists of 2.2GB Hard Disk to hold 3CDs or over 900 three-megapixel very-high-quality digital camera image.

Cost-effective storage solution with revolutionary features and functions, CF+ Type II 1” HDD equips an industry-standard interface and form factor to accelerate new product design and innovation. Make your life colorful, convenient and flourish, Transcend 2.2GB CF+ Type II 1” HDD is the best choice.

Transcend 2.2GB CF+Type II 1” HDD Features

* Interface: CF+ Type II
* Voltage: 3.3 / 5 VDC (Auto Detect)
* Capacity: 2.2 GB
* Sustained Data Rate: 3.3 - 6.5 Mbytes/sec.
* Rotation Speed: 4200 RPM
* Seek Time: 10 ms (Avg.)
* Key Features: 1"hard disk drive * Slim and light profile
* Dimension: 42.8 x 36.4 x 5.0 mm (W x L x H)

Interface: - CF+ Type II
Voltage: 3.3 / 5 VDC (Auto Detect)
Capacity: 2.2 GB
Sustained Data Rate: 3.3 - 6.5 Mbytes/sec.
Rotation Speed: 4200 RPM
Seek Time: 10 ms (Avg.)
Key Features: 1"hard disk drive * Slim and light profile
Dimension: 42.8 x 36.4 x 5.0 mm (W x L x H)

Compatibility:

Manufacturer Model Compatible magicstor Interface
Canon G3 1022C,1024C CFII
Canon G5 1022C CFII
Canon S40 1022C,1024C CFII
Canon S45 1022C,1024C CFII
Canon S50 1022C,1024C CFII
Canon E0SD60 1022C,1024C CFII
Sanyo AZ3EX 1022C CFII
Sanyo AZ1 1022C CFII
Fuji M603 1022C CFII
Fuji FinePix S602 1022C CFII
Nikon COOLPIX4500 1022C CFII
Nikon COOLPIX5000 1022C CFII
Nikon COOLPIX5700 1022C CFII
Olympus C-5050 1022C CFII
Minolta DIMAGE7Hi 1022C CFII
Minolta DIMAGE 5 1022C CFII
Minolta A1 1022C CFII
Pentax Pentax *istD 1022C CFII

warren thats basically a newer version of the ibm microdrive which are ok, but have proven that they cant take alot of abuse at all, and also that they have problems above 15000 feet and below the surface.

Do a search here on microdrives and you will find my post about them, but basically there ok but after about 9 months they have a very high incidence of sudden death and reports have been that people have lost from a couple of photos to the thousends.

personally the largest card i will ever get will be a 1GB because i dont wnat to run the risk of loosing critical images, i would rather card more cards and keep them then have 1 big card and loose shots that could be real keepers(here is whats in or soon to be in my storage folio 2-1GB, 4-512mb, 8-256mb CF cards-Ridata). also it seems that the marketing departments are driving devolpment and not improving the technology, card storage is sort of like the mega pixel race to them bigger is better, but in reality it isnt its all hype and not reality. what needs to be improved is the abilty for the cards to take a greater shock load, and ESD shocks and faster read write speeds.

FWIW

Tooth

Thanks for the info Scubatooth. It seems my 1G #$@#%! Sandisk CF card recently died. Been contemplating additional CF cards or maybe a portable storage unit.

I just bought the Lexar 40x 1 gig. Haven't got it yet. Hopefully it will turn out to be a decent buy.

I didn't do a whole lot of research on cards before I bought it, and the research I did do, didn't have much comparisions on the 1 gig cards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom