5060 Battery Life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ArizSig

Reaction score
I just ordered a 5060 with housing. It should be here on Tuesday of next week. The following Saturday I'm leaving for Grand Cayman and Cozumel, so I won't have much time to play with it before leaving.

What kind of battery life is everyone getting? I'm most interested in the ability to get two dives on one battery so I don't have to open the housing on the dive boat. If this camera is really hard on the batteries, I'll get a spare and change it between dives.

Also, does anyone have first hand experience with the newer, faster CF cards. I've been told that the fast cards aren't really necessary, because the camera can't write that fast anyway. If someone has both an older card, and a newer card, I'd like to know if you can tell the difference in the two.

was getting around 3 dives with usage of around 45 mins on each dive on my red sea trip last week. it's worth getting a 2nd battery though as thr 4 hr charging time is a little too long for my liking.

cards...can't help. use a 1gb 'slow' card which worked well enough.

I normally use mine for 2 dives, then charge it for a bit ('cos it's lithium based so you can without memory effects) and get two more dives out of it.

As regards CF cards I have an older one but it's quick. The only place I can see faaster write speeds being useful is in RAW mode

Back
Top Bottom