50 and still diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I've reached 50 years of life and show little sign of slowing down my interest in diving. It's odd to say I've been doing this for 25 years. I'm betting I'll still be diving at 60, 70? and maybe beyond. What is it about this activity that becomes such a big part of your life?

I'm about the same age as you (52) started at 30 did about 40 dives then paused for 10 years to be a dad. Moved to Florida and started back into the sport. I've got no plans to quit, perhaps a knee replacement, but not quitting!
My 3 favorite words? you know! DIVE DIVE DIVE!

I'm 57 and started diving at 11 and professionally at 18. It's about time for me to retire and open up a recreational diving business someplace warm. :wink:

mygirlu:
I am really younger than you are, but I am seriously drive up to 40 hardly 50 because I am not experienced as you. But better you keep around 60 it will be much safer.

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you are trying to say. Please rephrase it.

I have booked in to celebrate my Dad's 73rd birthday with him at Truk Lagoon next year.

I told him in no uncertain terms "you had better not die of old age before we get there...!"

I am really younger than you are, but I am seriously drive up to 40 hardly 50 because I am not experienced as you. But better you keep around 60 it will be much safer.

I think you need to go back to bed for a few more hours. :D
If you were going to be my dive buddy on a boat and you opened up the morning conversation with this statement, I'd probably bail on you.

I have been diving 32 years, and want to dive more! I have a friend who is diving and teaching at 74 years old. I know several others in their mid-late 60s and still dive and teach diving. The oldest Guiness Book diver was 92 years old. You have lots of years left, IF you take care of yourself.

Back
Top Bottom