5 cruise stops, need to pick one for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

check out Octopus Divers on the french side of St Martin; they are great and have a nice small boat that only takes a few people. I went out with only two others with them.

Also Blue Island Divers on St Thomas is a nice shop, cool guys and had a good experience there as well.

I would reccomend that you make sure to arrange a dive trip with a good dive op and not with the cruise ship. If you go with a cruise sponsored operator- chances are it will be a cattle boat. I have dived in St Lucia and St Thomas. I did not like St Lucia because all the dive operators insisted that everyone on the boat stay together which I did not do when one of the other divers couldn't descend for approx 10 minutes and wanted to end the dive after 45 minutes.

A quick note: one time I almost didn't get back to the cruise ship on time but I wasn't concerned because I knew the ship was just going across a channel and I could take the ferry to catch up with it. That would not have worked as the cruise ship did not dock there for another 10 hours even though it was just a 30 minute cruise over. So I would make sure I get back on time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom