$5-15 100' depth disposable 35mm camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nice pics, Rick... the shallower you are and the clearer the water is
will greatly improve non-flash pics

chimchim:
I'm not sure how long they've had these out, but these disposable cameras (that can be bought at Target, Longs Drugs, etc) are just $5-15 and are waterproof to 100'.

Nice pics. I have seen those cameras for awhile. They are made in WP to 60feet and WP to 100feet. They aren't disposable though. You can reload those with film. They are just a cheaper reusable camera.

I saw those for sale at Divers Direct in Key Largo...I bought a similar camera last year, and got about 5 dives out of it before it stopped working....A friend told me that when you get the film processed to write the instruction "push Magenta two stops" on the envelope, and the pic's will be less blue...wasn't a bad suggestion either! (but Steven Frink won't be asking for my autograph anytime soon!)

Rick Inman:
Now if they would just make a disposable underwater digital camera.

Hoo boy do I wish!

Any digital camera underwater is by definition disposable. It's like a video game - your long-term odds aren't good. Water and electronics regard each other across the O Ring, and silicone grease is your ally. Eventually the ocean will win the battle. You may cheat the flood today, tomorrow, maybe even next week. But eventually....... :klo: (scream).

If you're troubled by that, buy insurance or leave the digital camera on shore. :D

These are great little cameras! I've done lots of "tests" with a whole load of different brands and by far the two stand outs are Fuji and the SnapSights range. Sturdier, less blue and just sharper for some reason.

I really like the SnapSights because you can reload them (we have one that has taken 13 rolls so far and still going) and they have one with a flash that you can turn on and off. You can also change the battery on the flash, which is really nice. And they have add-on lenses for close-up work...

All in all, if you are only wanting some happy snappies and want to spend $20 (camera and processing ish) these are a great way to go! And they are nice to keep in the boat or in the car for those moments!

With that idea on the table...what insurance do you suggest? Adding to your existing homeowner? PADI, DAN?
Just curious.......

cannon_guy:
Hoo boy do I wish!

Any digital camera underwater is by definition disposable. It's like a video game - your long-term odds aren't good. Water and electronics regard each other across the O Ring, and silicone grease is your ally. Eventually the ocean will win the battle. You may cheat the flood today, tomorrow, maybe even next week. But eventually....... :klo: (scream).

If you're troubled by that, buy insurance or leave the digital camera on shore. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom