4x6 print question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PapaBob

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
My local office megastore is offering a deal on paper for 4x6 prints. If I have a bunch of digitial photos, I have to print them one at a time through Adobe Photoshop LE (I have elements but have yet to play with its print functions). I use an Epson inkjet printer but its website does not seem to have software to handle the 4x6 size paper and bulk printouts. Any software solutions or should I cave and burn a disk for my local Costco to print? My lab has yet to go digital, I hope they can stay in business.

---Bob

I print 4 X 6 photos on my Epson all the time. What printer to you have? I have an Epson photo printer (1280). In addition to Photoshop Elements, it came with an Epson program -- Epson PhotoQuicker that I have used to print all my photos. I have printed as many as 20 - 25 4 X 6 at once. Only problem is that if the size of the photo isn't in the same ratio as the paper you are printing on -- it will figure out how to crop -- which may not be the way you want it cropped. So I play around in Elements to get the proportions right before printing.

Costco is as good or better in quality, true continuous tone, will last longer, won't stick to glass, and if you do a cost analysis, is the same price or cheaper. When you do the analysis, don't forget the ink and the cost of the "throw-away" printer. Or upload to Ofoto or another online house. At 30 cents eachyou can't go wrong.

That said, if you gotta print them yourself, Elements should be able to do it. PS does, but I've never use Elemants. Also, if you have Illustrator, or Coreldraw, they can too.

Good Luck!

I go to WalMart. They have a new machine that will read your cd, sandisk,floppy, whatever! The prints are 29 cents for a 4X6 and the quality is really good. You also have the option for 5X7 or 8X10--also at reasonable prices and this is for one hour service!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom