4TEC LED Canister Primary Light Introduction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TecDiveGear

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi everybody,
as I posted couple of days ago in other thread this is another great light that I would like to introduce you.

MODEL: 4TEC - 18Watt / 1800 lumen

About the light, technical specs:

Excellent for:
technical diving
recreational diving

Materials:
Made from anodized aluminium (tougher then machined delrin)
with laser engravings

Used Optics:
4 CREE XRE LEDs bin R2 8300K giving 1800 lumens
LED's made on special order
providing a very narrow beam of light - around 6 degrees
color/intensity of light - cold white 7000 up to 9000K corresponding to HID

Controlling Electronics:
Convenient rotating magnetic switch located on the lamp head
controlled by a microprocessor
advanced step up / down converter

Light offers 2 types of work :
- 10% power or
- 100% power

Constant supervision over the LEDs' temperature

Charger:
Microprocessor charger fed from power 100-240V grid 50-60Hz
detects charging (delta V)

Set of batteries:
Sealed set of NiMH power cells with 14,4V supply voltage,
set is made from only high quality cells.

The cylindrical batteries container allows outer charging (without opening the canister) and is equipped with pressure fuse for advanced safety.

Available Burn time options:
5 hours burn (100% power)
3 hours burn (100% power)

Test in pressure chamber: 10bar / equal to 300ft depth (nominal, during the tests first signs of structural changes - only with canister - were noticed between 40 - 50 ATA)

Here are video clips showing in water performance, few different dive spots with different conditions. More vids on YouTube - LightForMeUSA's Channel YouTube - LightForMeUSA's Channel

[youtubehq]OcTFAs-vDZI[/youtubehq] [youtubehq]XEi7PPIUrzg[/youtubehq]

[youtubehq]Zfn-fFjlm7M[/youtubehq]

Product designed and made in EU - UK/Poland
by Light-For-Me :: Diving Torch Lights

Comes with full 2 year (excluding batteries - covered for 6 months - are consumable) manufacturer warranty and service provided in US & Canada by TecDiveGear - AddWaterScuba

4_TEC_forum_main.jpg
4_TEC_forum.jpg

Thanks !
TecDiveGear

This is not accurate. Even the website doesn't advertise the lumen figures that you use. The website shows 1200 lumen output for this product not 1800 lumen. Why continue to post impossible figures?

The website numbers are inflated but yours are just made up.

The website numbers are inflated but yours are just made up.

Well, its not my intention to misuse the numbers, as history shows that we might push each other about the numbers forever, fact is when you dive and use the light you don't see the numbers coming out of the light so its good we have a bunch of honest movies showing excellent in water performance and comparison. Enjoy !

Have a great day !
TecDiveGear

So you are advocating making comparisons based on whimsical opinion that have no scientific basis rather than comparing actual measurable performance numbers? Just want to make sure we are clear. Does this thing have a racing stripe too that makes it better?

So you are advocating making comparisons based on whimsical opinion that have no scientific basis rather than comparing actual measurable performance numbers? Just want to make sure we are clear. Does this thing have a racing stripe too that makes it better?

No, I don't , what I'm saying is that conversation doesn't go anywhere with you unles you will buy the light and measure them as we do ok? I have the light and I can physically measure the efficiency etc, you don't have it so your opinion is whimsical.
This is light introduction, so read it and either like or not but don't give me that accusation because something is telling me that you have different reason than just being curious to go bad about these lights.

Good luck,
TecDiveGear

You need an integrating sphere to measure lumen and I'm sure that you don't have one so you can't measure that either. I don't think anyone is trying to bad mouth these lights. You are causing all of the negative publicity yourself by making claims that the manufacturer doesn't even make.

Don't expect to announce a product with inaccurate information and then have no response to those claims.

I don't think anyone here has any ulterior motives. Just quit making false claims.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom