47 meters down

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone else like me rooting for the shark to kill everyone and end the movie quicker than it did?

Heck I'd like to have seen the shark sink the boat like Jaws did to the Orca.

I was thinking the same thing... I wanted the shark to get everyone and everything. The shark deserved that for being forced into such a ridiculous movie.

But now that I think about it... I don't remember actually seeing the shark kill anyone in the movie. Maybe the blood-thirsty shark was a figment of their imaginations and people just scared themselves to death.

Black at 47 metres in a tropical warm water area?

Maybe it was a little cloudy that day.

Still trying to figure out where the movie could have taken place. The presence of great whites would mean it was the Pacific side of Mexico. (Technically, a GW could make a detour from the Atlantic and wander all the way to Cancun, but I've never heard of this happening. And certainly not a 28 foot long GW. The whale sharks would probably chase it away.) But a touristy area on the Pacific side without problems with gang violence would limit the options to... Cabo San Lucas?

The problem with CSL as a candidate is that it sits at the edge of a canyon. According to Google Earth, a depth of 47 meters is only about a mile from shore... which means if this is where the girls were dropped, the beach would still have been visible from the boat. And the location would not have been a big secret. And the beach-goers would have been withing easy snacking distance for the sharks.

Which means... beside the terrible acting, ridiculous portrayal of shark behavior and shark size, and utter disregard for how scuba works... there doesn't seem to be an actual location in Mexico where this could have happened.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom