40th Birthday Liveaboard -May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maat1976

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all.

I am going to post a similar post here, and to the Pacific Islands Forum. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by the amount of knowledge on this board and need some help focusing.

My 40th is approaching and I am pulling the ace card on my husband to go on our first liveaboard. I have AOW with 135 dives, he is over 200 and a DM.

I'm a May baby so would like to ideally be away in that month.

We've been to Thailand, Grenada, Bali, Bonaire, Philippines (Bohol, Moalboal, and Dauin) and most recently Roatan. I have fallen in love with Asian diving, and am looking for something special for the upcoming occasion.

We're photo people, so drifts aren't that great for us, nor are we tech divers.

Where would you go???

maat1976

Hi Maat1976,

Greetings from the Philippines, we have a liveaboard/ resort combination stay for Apo Reef and Coron if you are interested for May 12th - 16th 2016. Marco Vincent dive resort in based on the Island of Mindoro and our small liveaboard would depart from there. Let me know if you are interested and I can send you the full details to you.

Warm regards
Kris

We did a wonderful LoB with Blue O 2 in the Maldives last May , saw 40 plus mantas plus even more sharks in a week. We also really really loved Komodo on Mermaid , which sails from Bali so is very convenient. The Philippines in May is also wonderful.

best fishes x

The best destination for liveaboard in Philippines is Tubattaha(mid March to Mid June only). Unfortunately most of the dives would be drift!

Photo opportunities and not alot of drifts? Komodo has great photo ops both wide and macro it does have current but those dives you usually hook in with a reef hook. Palau is the sharkyist place I've been beautiful reefs more of a wide angle place than macro...or at least the guides I had didn't do a lot of macro spotting. I did some drifts and some reef hook dives, and moon faze has a big impact as in Komodo. Want current? go at new or full moon... want gentle? in between full/new moon. Raja Ampat is also epic but I do believe in may most the boats move to Komodo. Raja Ampat is a photographers paradise with super fishy dives, colorful soft coral, big animals and small. Both Raja Ampat/ Komodo can be combined with other destinations in Indonesia as It's a far way to go for just 10 days or so. Lembeh-Bankga-Ambon-Bali all other locations in Indonesia that are excellent. But be careful if your already forming a Asian diving addiction Indonesia will get you fully hooked and craving a fix to return.

Thanks all. Very helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom