400D Questions - Should I buy it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cheers pakman.

I bought it because of most of the reasons you listed. They are also creating port converters so you can use S&S and Inon ports. I guess the S&S ports are only useful for primes not requiring manual focus.

I ended up getting the Inon port because I liked the idea of the magnetic focus ring so basically this housing plus port comes close to using the thing on land. I hated not having things at my fingertips when using other housings.

I was going to wait to get Nikonos bulkheads but it would have ended up quite a bit more expensive, as the housing price goes up, plus a TTL converter etc. 400d has pretty good battery life so I expect I could probably get more than a few hundered shots out of a charge. Enough for a days diving. Plus I like that it is one less thing to worry about from a flooding point of view.

I wanted the finder and will be purchasing once I rebuild the coffers a bit.

Pakman it should be easy to sell off your domes and gears - then you too can own one of these

Housing finally arrives - got the call at midday. My box of goodies awaits. I'll have to make an early exit from work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom