40 Fathom Grotto Open House - free food, diving and fun!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wrecktek

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
40 fathom Grotto Open house event that is open to all divers. :cheers:

This is a free event open to all divers that occurs on April 17, 18 & 19 (fri/sat/sun). Forty Fathom grotto has undergone extensive contruction and upgrades under the new management. To show off all the great things happening at the grotto and to just have a great time with all divers the grotto is hosting this open house event. If you havent been to the grotto recently, you havent been to 40 fathom grotto! Yes the vis is better! Yes the facilities are much better! and Yes there is great diving! This isnt you typically pizza and soda event, but a first class diving celebration! The event includes free food, free diving, Hard hat dives in a superlite 17 hard hat available, entertainment with scuba radio and a live band, manufacturer displays, equipment demos, presentations, and tours of the new facilities and lets no forget FREE diving.

The schedule is as follows:
Friday, April 17
1-6 pm Check-in, register for Saturday free mini-seminars, tours and free diving.
5-7 pm Hors ordeuvres and social time

Saturday, April 18
9-10 am FREE coffee and doughnuts
10-5 pm FREE classes:
- Learn What New at The Grotto, Upgrade Your Certification to Become a SCUBA Instructor, Intro. to SDI, Want to Learn about Technical Diving? (TDI), Public Safety Diving (ERDI) Is there an opportunity for you?, Updates on Current Standards. Classes taught by SDI, TDI and 40 Fathom Grotto.
- Representatives for Equipment Manufacturers on site.
-FREE lunch on site.
-Hard Hat runs available for a fee of $99. Must be preregistered. Call for details and qualifications.
3-6 pm FREE Open diving for attendees.
7-8 pm FREE Cookout
7-10 pm Live band

Sunday, April 19
9-6 pm Open for diving! FREE for those who attend on Saturday.

call 904-766-7736 or email Doreen Cook at dcook at divecda.com to pre-register for any event and you can email Doreen Cook at dcook at divecda.com with questions or for more information

If I wasn't working I would go to this. For those who haven't been to, or never been to 40 FG, I suggest you go if you can. I went there under the OLD management and recently with the NEW and they have greatly improved and overhauled the entire site. Well worth going to now...... :D

Thanks for posting John... look forward to seeing you there!

And I hope to see lots of Scubaboarders there.

Well I got a call from Doreen at the grotto this morning and it seems that I posted old contact info. :depressed: If you have any questions or to pre-register (its free!)
email Doreen dcook@divecda.com or call her at 352-368-7974

See ya all there :popcorn:

Hey, this looks like a lot of fun! I am trying to reschedule so I can be there!

Great place to dive...really is 40 fathoms deep. Water is really clear but there is no way to get rid of silt if you stir it up...it just has to settle out and that can take a while. Still, really cool place.

I spoke to Doreen at the grotto and here ist he latest.

visibility is getting better by the day and is 25 ft and getting better.

If you are interested in doing a harhat dive, please contact the grotto to get the paperwork that is required to be completed in order to do the hardhat dive.

The Grotto wants folks to remmeber that pre-registration is required for free diving so please email Doreen dcook@divecda.com or call her at 352-368-7974

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom