4.19.08 Bandito Dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sandman98007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Another wonderful cold, rainy, sleet and hail filled day on the afternoon of the 19th under the surface of Puget Sound. I and my DM have not been in the water for awhile so we threw caution to the wind and jumped on a Bandito Charter for some nitrogen loading. As always we were not disappointed. The dive destinations were Delco Wall and Sunrise Reef. On the way out to the dive site there was rain, sleet, and hail. Don’t you love the PNW? Love those April showers. Delco wall was first dive site and what fun it was. A tad bit of current until we dropped over the edge of the wall, but then a nice and slow drift dive for the duration. Nudies, sculpin’s, urchins, and other critters were seen. The structure here is amazing. Once we reached our safety stop, guess who decided to come out and play? A harbor seal. This guy was real friendly and we enjoyed his company. I have been posting photos with these dive reports, but I am trying something different. Video. You can see the link below where I posted these to You Tube. This is fun and I plan on posting more. Vis was great, about 30 feet and did we say the water was cold? About 46 degrees. I love my dry suit.

Next was Sunrise. This is never a disappointment. Wolf eel’s came out to play. 2 videos of these guys were posted. A GPO was found, but he was so far up in the rocks that neither I nor the wife could get our cameras in there for a good photo … maybe next time. A lot of nudie’s and scallops. Vis was not as good as Delco wall, maybe 20 feet, but who care. After a 45 minute dive in 46 degree water, it was time to head home.

Can you think of any better way to spend the day? Good Times.

Feel free to the video and photos. As always you comments are appreciated.

Photos: tlamb101's slideshow on Flickr

Harbor Seal video: YouTube - Harbor Seal

Harbor Seal video: YouTube - Harbor Seal

Wolf Eel video: YouTube - Wolf Eel's

Wolf Eel video: YouTube - Wolf Eel's

if you look closely, you dont see my had passing out the goodies ....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom