4-17-07 whiskey wreck night dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShagMan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Suprbugman, alcrmsntde, myself and Josh Gay from MBT were in attendence.

We hit the water at 7:18PM, temp was 66 degrees, no surf to speak of, vis was 10' or little better at times. Suprbugman showed us how strong his Chi was by submerging in chest-deep water and swimming right to the middle of the wreck. I gotta try that some time in the future and see if it's really that easy.

I experienced:
Suprbugman stick 7 flounder
huge sheepshead, which I cornered/harassed
lots of spadefish
some blue crabs to play with
small sea turtle, touched the back of it's shell!
large and small shrimp, and tons of smaller fish sheltering in the wreck's areas
sand-dollar breeding ground
one newbie BCD-wrestling event for a moment (BC not adjusted right, too much air, yadda yadda)

I got 82 minutes and used 3100 PSI of air, and had an EXCELLENT time!

Mandatory post-dive meet was at Hooters, a good time was had by all.

Thanks for giving me the guided tour, Suprbugman!

Sounds great. Thanks for the report. I am so ready to do some more spearfishing.
Does your camera have a flash? Did you get any pictures?

I haven't taken any pictures on the night dives because I use a point-shoot which doesn't have an external strobe, and I'd probably just get a nice picture of "snow" due to small particulate stuff in the water. It does have a flash, but it's best not to use it I'd bet.

Dang, hate Suprbugman I myself both posted a report at the same time!

What can I say, I'm new here and didn't know where to put it!

Forgiven.

I know that my camera without a strobe does ok unless there is a lot of suspended particles or low light. Maybe a strobe for Christmas I hope. They don't exactly give those things away.

snepdiver:
Forgiven.

I know that my camera without a strobe does ok unless there is a lot of suspended particles or low light. Maybe a strobe for Christmas I hope. They don't exactly give those things away.

So how many more toys are you going to get out of Kathy? What is there...Christmas, Birthday, Anniversary, Easter, Earth Day, Dive Day.....:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom