3rd Stage not building pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Morgan00

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hello All,
I have a 2000 model Bauer Capitano, my block number is A/1622/07. I have an issue with the 3rd stage not building pressure, and may have an issue with the 1st stage building pressure, I am not sure what the pressure in the first stage should be. About a week ago, I ran the compressor and had no issues with the 3rd stage (it built pressure to 4500 psi, its designed pressure). I am new to the compressor world and am learning as I go. This is a compressor for personal use. All 3 stages are hot to the touch after compressor is turned off but the only gauge that is moving is the 2nd stage gauge, which gets to roughly 350psi. The only thing that changed since the video that is linked below is that the purification filter was changed. I changed it according the manual instructions and backed the top of the filter off 1/4 turn. It has the same filter as the Bauer junior II. I would appreciate some help diagnosing my issue, it is possible that its something simple and i am just unaware being new to this compressor and still learning it.

Video Link showing how it was operating at beginning of July:

Kinda hard to tell without more info.
Pressure on mine are approx, 150psi firststage 500 second stage 3000 third stage.
Do a quick and dirty feel test. If first stage is not warm then more than likely something is wrong there. If first and second are warm then third stage is probably a problem....

Seems first might not be pumping..
Is intake plugged or capped?
Drains open? Air leaks?

Hello All,
I have a 2000 model Bauer Capitano, my block number is A/1622/07. I have an issue with the 3rd stage not building pressure, and may have an issue with the 1st stage building pressure, I am not sure what the pressure in the first stage should be. About a week ago, I ran the compressor and had no issues with the 3rd stage (it built pressure to 4500 psi, its designed pressure). I am new to the compressor world and am learning as I go. This is a compressor for personal use. All 3 stages are hot to the touch after compressor is turned off but the only gauge that is moving is the 2nd stage gauge, which gets to roughly 350psi. The only thing that changed since the video that is linked below is that the purification filter was changed. I changed it according the manual instructions and backed the top of the filter off 1/4 turn. It has the same filter as the Bauer junior II. I would appreciate some help diagnosing my issue, it is possible that its something simple and i am just unaware being new to this compressor and still learning it.

Video Link showing how it was operating at beginning of July:
With the help of August Industries out of Carrollton Texas I was able to deduce that the issue was a leaking valve on an empty cascade tank. Therefore there was no pressure to show on the 3rd stage gauge! If you need help give August Industries a call, super helpful and knowledgeable people!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom