32650 battery problems. . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just bought an additional 32650 battery for a camera light. The battery is marked 6000 mAh 3.2V.

When fully charged, I measure the voltage with no load I'm getting about 3.85 V, my other fully charged unmarked 32650's are measuring ~4.2 v

Needless to say, the camera light won't turn on with the 'new' battery.

Is it defective, or are not all Li batteries interchangeable?

I called the local battery store (should have done this first). 3.2V nominal is correct for a Li-Fe battery, 3.7 nominal is correct for a Li-ion.

The higher voltages are there because there is no load presented by the voltmeter.

I called the local battery store (should have done this first). 3.2V nominal is correct for a Li-Fe battery, 3.7 nominal is correct for a Li-ion.

The higher voltages are there because there is no load presented by the voltmeter.
What? Lifepo4 full charge voltage is 3.6v and liion is 4.2v. 3.85 is an undercharged liion but if it hit peak negative delta and turned the charger off early then it’s dead and frankly dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom