3040 and 5050 side by side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Clive. I would say the 3040 definately holds it's own!

Clive...
so as far as macro goes...is the 5050 able to get closer? I used my 3040 in Bali and I noticed that I got a little too close to some subjects and they turned out blurry. I am thinking about getting a 5050. What are your thoughts on how it works?

Deb......the 5050 has "Super" macro mode/capabilities .... a setting used down to one inch ( still has the macro mode setting of the 3040, 4040 etc)......And as Clive mentions the detail in the photos (5050) is really nice (much more "information" is used to compose those pictures).....extremely sharp and detailed. Printed out on good photo paper ....WOW!!!!!!

All that being said the 3040 did and still does an awesome job taking pictures....we still use ours

Dee once bubbled...
Thanks Clive. I would say the 3040 definately holds it's own!

definitely holds its own, but when you start to zoom in, then you start to notice the difference in detail and quality.

plus you get to save in RAW.

and you can use huge memory cards :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom