30/30 and Silicone seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tarjan

Contributor
Reaction score
Will the 30/30 have the option for silicone seals? Neck, wrist and ankle?

I was about to buy last winter, but some other travel opportunities came up and the funding was delayed. Now that we are coming up to DUIs direct selling of silicone, I think the timing might work this summer.

If you have a stock 30/30 (non zip-seals) can that be upgraded? If so, what will the MSRP be on that? I don't have one, but figure that might be a question others have.

Hi Tarjan,

Great question on the 30/30. Ankle seals will only be available in the latex style. To be able to create a ZipSeal style ring for the ankles it would have to be BIG... think bell bottom pants here. You could use attached boots/socks on the 30/30 if you wanted to get away from latex seals.

Yes you could use the silicone ZipSeals on the wrist and neck. We would be able to retro-fit with the new neck ring at a later day.

We will have pricing on the retrofit available as we get closer to the release of the silicone ZipSeals. At this time I do not have a release date. We were hoping late summer... but this could be pushed back a bit.

You will love diving the 30/30. It is so comfortable in the warmer water... and air temperatures.

Kathy

Thanks for the response Kathy. One last question (for now :wink: ) what is the upper range of temperatures useful for the 30/30? I would love to reduce the "at sea funk" on liveaboards, but being a cold blooded type I tend towards the warmer months.

Think summer in the Caribbean, rash guards all the way around and me in my wetsuit.

BTW, bellbottom drysuit.. That could be the next big fashion trend. Would look good on a runway I am sure. :D

[...] what is the upper range of temperatures useful for the 30/30? [...]

I dive my 30/30 (with cordura socks instead of ankle seals) here in Hawaii year-round. Water temperatures vary from 73F to about 81F. I was also very happy diving
the suit in Roatan in January with the water temperature inf the 82F range.

I'll mention that to Susan... about bell bottom drysuit pants. One never knows......

Thanks GKN for your response on the water temperatures you dive your 30/30. It's hard to give you a number on upper temperatures. It really depends on the diver and their personal comfort level in the water. Also if you are making several dives in a day - which happens often when traveling - having the 30/30 along would be very beneficial.

For 30/30 owners if you have temperature ranges you dive your 30/30 please post. That would be awesome.

Thanks!

Kathy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom