3-Tank Westside Dive - Thurs. Nov 8th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Here's something I just copied from our weekly newsletter...

Well guys we're always trying to bring you new and exciting dive events and have scheduled a doozy. On Thursday Nov. 8th we'll be gathering the wagons and heading west. Yes west, to the land of prosperity, to strike it rich like the 49ers did 150 years ago with new dive sites. OK so maybe the striking it rich won't happen but we should have some killer dives none the less.

The plan calls to meet at IDH Hawaii Kai at 8:00am and the boat will depart the harbor at 8:30am. We'll head out to the west side and make our first dive on the Mahi ship wreck. On the way out to the Mahi we'll enjoy some coffee, donuts and a nice pleasure cruise.

If you haven't dove on the Mahi this is your chance to do a wreck dive on a new wreck. The Mahi was a military minesweeper that was sunk as an artificial reef back in the 80's. Sporting eagle rays, cup coral and well I'm not sure since I've only dove on it once.

After a long surface interval we'll jump into the water to make a dive at Black Rock. Again I don't really know a lot about this dive other than it's a pretty kick *** dive. I've only done it once and that was 4 years ago. I do remember seeing a shark at Black Rock and we hit a max depth of around 90'. But people tell me it's a really cool dive.

The final dive is a wall dive of Cozumel proportions and IDH has never dove it and very few people even know where it is. This is a special dive that Captain Scotty pulled out of his little black book. The top of the wall sits at around 50' where we set the anchor and then the wall just drops away from the boat to as deep as you wish to venture.

Cost for this dive; club members $80, military/Kama'ina $120 and $155 retail. We will not be making this dive trip again any time soon so beg steal and borrow to get your name on this boat.

Nitrox is recommended due to the deep depths of these sites but you make the decision.

Louie

Back
Top Bottom