3 Tank charter Sunday May 16th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IDC did a photo course, but you need 2 or 3 people (I forget which) to do it. I think the AOW manual contains some photo tips. I'd have to see your rig to give any more tips.

Anything farther than 2 feet away in this water is going to suffer from light falloff(akin to using florescent lighting on a model) very rapidly. Sensor size will harm you too.

DSCN0165 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

They really do get huge.

Thanks for the pics Rob. As Rob has said I left my camera down there on the reef near where we saw the giant orange peel. Too bad one of us didn't think to put our hand in one of the pics to see how big it really is. If anyone happens to be diving that site with the Sea Dragon or otherwise the missing camera is a sealife mini reefmaster. It's basically black with a lanyard (I know that's supposed to be around your wrist) and no strobe. If you are facing the daymarker from Bowen I think it's somewhere down to the left(North I think) between 40 -60 feet. I'm putting a picture of it here. If someone finds it I would be greatful if you could return it to me.
SeaLife Cameras - Underwater Digital Camera - Reefmaster Mini
Coulnd't figure out to upload a picture here so the link is above.
Thanks Stuart

Hey, I didn't realize it was you guys I was diving with on Sunday - it was a nice time. I'll keep an eye out for your camera next time I'm out with Jan and Kevin as I have a pretty good idea where it is after that second dive at that spot on sunday. cheers,
Alex

I finally got a positive ID on that 3rd pic. It's a Hairy Triton, aka Oregon Triton.

I was out on the Top Line again today, did the Collingwood Channel Day marker again. It was an awesome dive. There is a wall approx the SE side of the rock, liberally sprinkled with Cloud Sponges, with red fur crabs (aka Hairy Spined or lithode crab) in almost every sponge. Lots of Rock Fish, saw the Tiger Rock fish again. Also spotted a Puget Sound King Crab, and a nice C-O Sole hiding in the shallows. :D

Didn't spot Stuart's camera or the giant orange peel nudi though. :depressed:

Second dive was Hutt Wall, not quite as good, but did see the Oregon Triton, with the eggs laid out around it like kernels of white corn, just like in the book Marine Life of the PNW, page 243.

Can't wait to get out again - I got scuba-fever! :cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom