3 Subs at Okanagan Centre

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's just an example of cave vs cavern I picked off the net for reference:
What Is Cave Diving?

Do you know the composition of the cavern? Limestone, Volcanic rock etc... That might give some more indication of what could actually be there. What types of depths are you talking about?
My guess is that it is a glacial formation and probably just a cavern, but then again it could be something much more until someone can verify or disprove it.

Hey Mustang... I had not thought about it like that in terms of geology ... really I'm not sure ... we did go into what appeared to be a cavern type situation, there was an overhang that extended at least 20' into the rock... nearby though there were lots of tall, narrow, verticalish slits in the rock that appeared to go as deep as our lights could penetrate... my max depth on that dive was 50-60ft. I am excited to go back now that I am in sidemount and check it out ...

The inspiration for that dive was William M. Halls Diving BC Lakes and Rivers .. really cool book with lots of information in there. He does have some really good pictures of the caves in Adams Lake Dr Dog was referring to. I am sure there is lots more exploring to do we sure have a lot of water!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom