3 Subs at Okanagan Centre

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr Dog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Diving the cold 37f / 4 c waters of Okanagan Lake in April 2014. Quite a few submerged items here, but this video just focuses on the three model subs between 50 and 90 ' of depth.

[video=youtube;VwHqanZzic8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwHqanZzic8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

LOL. yeah and a small breed of men to pilot them...It seems to be a theme in these scuba "parks"..It is not the first time I have encountered a former propane or other cylinder that has been converted into a model sub...But in these dark green waters, it is nice to have something to look at now and then that is not made by Budweiser

Pretty cool dude, that is in Lake Okanagan? Where abouts? I have dove there before near Rattlesnake island where everyone jumps off the cliff into the water. I think its called the Pinnacles? There are caves there too ...

Caves? or Caverns? Every so often there are rumors of caves but no proof... Yet.

Hey mustang ... my Dad lives in Peachland and on a visit a few years ago my brother and I checked out some caves/caverns ... how exactly do you define a cave vs a cavern? A cave is an overhead/cavern situation with no visible day light? I can say they definitely had some depth to them, we did not have the appropriate skills or equipment or training to delve too deep last visit but I am hoping to take Seaproof.tv up there this summer and see what we can find!

Here's just an example of cave vs cavern I picked off the net for reference:
What Is Cave Diving?

Do you know the composition of the cavern? Limestone, Volcanic rock etc... That might give some more indication of what could actually be there. What types of depths are you talking about?
My guess is that it is a glacial formation and probably just a cavern, but then again it could be something much more until someone can verify or disprove it.

From what I understand, there is a cavern at Rattlesnake and a cave at Adams Lake. There is an old Indian rumor of an underwater cave at Copper Island where a water bear used to habitate. I realize this is probably just a myth, but there is probably a reason why this story is told...There could have been some very low water levels at one time, and a cave may exist.

This is located at Okanagan Centre. So turn off Hwy 97 at Windfield and head East till you get to 4th Street near Camp Rd.

Back
Top Bottom