3 mm Socks Under Boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I may be real Old School, but I use regular cheap white sneeker type socks in warm water. In colder water or in my dry suit I go for a thinner sock with a wool outer one. They hug my feet tighter and will be warm even when wet.

In my almost 30 years of diving I have been cold, somtimes real cold, but I don't ever remember my feet getting bad. Even in 29F water of Northern Maine in Feb.

Rise after a dive and let dry, when they get to used up, throw them away.

I've been using lycra socks almost since I began diving 7 years ago. They work great. However, I've recently started using the Henderson Microprene socks, and they are fantastic!

That unusual fashion statement sometimes causes a bit of amusement on dive boats.

Yeah . . . The REI socks with the Chuck Taylors elicit comment as well :)

Up until early this year, I dove wet with 7mm booties tucked into Aeris Velocity fins. In March I bought a used DUI drysuit that came with Rockboots and bought a pair of Jet fins. As the water warmed here in SoCal, I started diving wet again, but missed the power of the Jets. I bought a pair of 5mm neo socks from H2Odyssey, and wear them under my Rockboots. Works really well for walking up and down the trails, stairs, and ramps that we have to negotiate here for the really good shore dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom