3-4-07 Alabama Point Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GulfDiver77

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Met up with a DM in training from GGD at Alabama Point seawall side at 2:00. We worked on my navigation divesI went 25 kick cycles south and turned around and came 25 kick cycles north. Vis was 3' water temp was 61* bottom time was 42min and max depth was 26'. We saw several puffers a bunch of hermit crab and I saw some huge mass take off away from me in my left periphrial don't know what it was we were about 16' deep when I saw it. I had a real good dive. The part that wasn't great was getting out of the water in the northern gale force winds.:D

Goodlord, I hope you did more than just 25 kick cycles one way and back for your navigational training :sulkoff:

Hmmm...61 degrees, it's getting better! :D

No I've still got more work to do on my Nav this was just a start.:DGoing to do the rest when I have better vis.

GulfDiver77:
No I've still got more work to do on my Nav this was just a start.:DGoing to do the rest when I have better vis.

Low viz is ideal for navigation training.

Yeah, its no fun if you can see where you're going. If you get to where you need to be without vis, you know you're doing something right.

We will probably finish nav up this Sat. Also this being the first time I have dove Alabama point I used this dive to get familiar with the topography some.I noticed there is some iron or stell that really messes with a compass. I did pretty good though I got away from what ever it was messing with the compass I ended up about 10' from where I started.

GulfDiver77:
We will probably finish nav up this Sat. Also this being the first time I have dove Alabama point I used this dive to get familiar with the topography some.I noticed there is some iron or stell that really messes with a compass. I did pretty good though I got away from what ever it was messing with the compass I ended up about 10' from where I started.

Hmm.. you know bull sharks mess with compass readings too?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom