3-11-07 DutchBanks &3 Mile Barge Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GulfDiver77

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
We arrived at Dutch Banks at around 10:00AM .Had problems getting the anchor to hold with currents running. Ended up throwing a buoy line. Several made it down to the ledge,I couldn't because of current.I wasn't ready for this dive so I called it for myself.I did learn that in surface current you want to get down as quick as possible LOL.I'll let others finish the Dutch banks dive report.

Arrived at 3 Mile Barge at around 11:45 AM. I rolled in at 12:12 Bottom time was 19 min(I used 1000 PSI on Dutch Banks fighting current),Temp 62* max depth 40'.

Second Dive at 3 Mile Barge Bottom time 31 min same temp and max depth. Saw Spade,Angelfish,Grouper,Sheepsheads,Gagg. I started getting a little chill and my buddy Paulwall started getting chilled and had hit his ascent pressure(he dove one tank while I had to ascend and change mine). So I ascended with him with 1200 PSI remaining.I had good air consumption on this dive LOL.

I had a great time even without diving the DutchBanks Gary let me make two dives at 3Mile which was reaaly good of him to do. I learned something,met and dove with some really nice SB members,Denise,Paulwall,Andy,Wjefferis. I had a blast hope to dive with all of you again. I really enjoy going out on a charter with Gary's Gulfdivers.

Visibility was about 40' on the Dutch Banks. The reef is full of many anemone, the colors were very vibrant. I saw quite a few large size snapper that were all thumbing their noses at us. The visibility on the 3 mile barge was hampered a bit by the current. In some places 20' maybe a bit less in other areas (?).

Sounded like you guys had a nice set of dives :)

Nope LOL I didn't run into any sharks that had swallowed a bumper.:D Yes I had A great Dive.

We had a really fun day and it was very nice to meet Paul(yea really, he was pretty neat, I have no idea why I am on his ignore list, something about having alot less to read on the board):D , Anthony(Gulfdiver77)(his enthusiam for diving is contagious):) and wjefferis(real name withheld since he has never given it out on the board, maybe he is in the witness protection program or something and is hiding out...afraid to use his name):wink: Andy and I made 5 scubaboarders on board the Cat-N-Around with Gary from Gary's Gulf Divers. We are so special we had two divemasters aboard, Brian and Will who did a great job. We had a nice leisurely day, no rushing, Gary gave us exceptional service and allowed us to take our time, do our dives and enjoy the day. The air temp reached 80 before the day was over, my computer said the water temp was 61. Both dives were alot of fun and I look forward do doing them again.

It was nice to finally meet the lady pirate :pirate3: . It was also nice to dive again with Paulwall and Gulfdiver77. I am glad that I went into Gary's Gulf Divers and he told about Scubaboard. I have been able to get out and dive much more since joining as well as meet some nice divers along the way.....see y'all on the next dive. :D

So jefferis, how much booty did you salvage from the bottom of the ocean? In laymen's terms...how many shells did you collect?:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom