2x - BCD's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seabear70:
I gotta ask, what does a 7X fit???
I thought I saw a post where a Manatee at the Tampa Zoo was mentioned for the 7X Zeagle but I was wrong. The 7X was for a human and the one for the Manatee was somewhat larger. Do a search in the BC Forum for Manatee.
SkyChi

Although the Zeagle 2X's are custom made... We always keep a few in stock. Down here in Texas... We've got some big boys... and I'm kinda afraid to tell them it will take 4 weeks to get them a BC!

Megalodon:
scubapro does

Thanks for the info.

After researching and trying different BCD's I've decided to go with a custom made Zeagle Ranger.

The extra cost of custom making a 2X BCD of only $10.00 made it well worth the price. The 4 week wait is tolerable since my next dive adventure is 8 weeks out.

scubatoys:
Although the Zeagle 2X's are custom made... We always keep a few in stock. Down here in Texas... We've got some big boys... and I'm kinda afraid to tell them it will take 4 weeks to get them a BC!

Thanks for the info.

After researching and trying different BCD's I've decided to go with a custom made Zeagle Ranger.

The extra cost of custom making a 2X BCD of only $10.00 made it well worth the price. The 4 week wait is tolerable since my next dive adventure is 8 weeks out.

Megalodon:
scubapro does

Thanks for the info.

SkyChi:
SeaQuest, Oceanic, Triple-L and Genesis come to mind for jacket BCs. I'm sure there are more. I have a 2x Oceanic Probe and believe it to be the most confortable jacket type I have tried.
SkyChi

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info.

a bp and wing can fit all......depends on how much strap you have if you go release-less.

swjgasman:
Thanks for the info.

Not mentioning Zeagle was simply an oversite. While I have no hands on experience with their BCs I know they make a quality product. Having not used their BCs is actually pretty strange since I've lived in Zhills 4 or 5 times. Sorry Scott. During those times SCUBA was taking a back seat to my Skydiving addiction. I'm better now but I still have urges.
Good luck with the Zeagle and remember that there are rules. Stay within those rules and SCUBA or any other activity can be reasonably safe. Venture outside those rules and things can get very unforgiving, very fast.
SkyChi

SkyChi:
Not mentioning Zeagle was simply an oversite. While I have no hands on experience with their BCs I know they make a quality product. Having not used their BCs is actually pretty strange since I've lived in Zhills 4 or 5 times. Sorry Scott. During those times SCUBA was taking a back seat to my Skydiving addiction. I'm better now but I still have urges.
Good luck with the Zeagle and remember that there are rules. Stay within those rules and SCUBA or any other activity can be reasonably safe. Venture outside those rules and things can get very unforgiving, very fast.
SkyChi

Not a problem Sky, it is never too late to try one out!! :wink:

Were you aware that Zeagle actually started out as "Eagle Systems"?? We made parachute harnesses before scuba gear! The ripcord weight system was born out of the parachute release.

As for the 7XL BC - It was for a large, round man. I think the shoulder section ended up being only a 2XL, but the vest section was a 7XL!!! Suffice it to say, it was LARGE!!! If we ever get another order for one, I will take a photo with a few people inside it! :D

Scott

Back
Top Bottom