2nd stage hose o ring size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timmyjane

Contributor
Reaction score
I keep reading that the second stage lp uses a 010 o-ring. The oring I pulled off the hose is smaller. I am referring to the o-ring that goes on the male part that fits into the second stage. When a 010 is installed on this portion the second stage will not fully seat against the hose. I hope the location is clear. The 010 seems fine on the end that attaches to the first stage.

Here is a pic of an oring I just pulled. There are 2 010 orings for comparison.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 10
The purple one on the left is the one you took off the hose inner barrel?
When you say "smaller," do mean the cross-section of the o-ring or the I.D.?
The 010 should be correct on that barrel.
Actually, the two o-rings on the right look a bit larger in CS than an 010....more like a 110.
Here is a comparison chart:

Attachments

• o-ring chart from Trident.pdf
    65 KB · Views: 8
I keep reading that the second stage lp uses a 010 o-ring. The oring I pulled off the hose is smaller. I am referring to the o-ring that goes on the male part that fits into the second stage. When a 010 is installed on this portion the second stage will not fully seat against the hose. I hope the location is clear. The 010 seems fine on the end that attaches to the first stage.
Correct to guess the lp hose a SP superflow hose?
If so, the oem oring is an odd size with cross section that is thinner than the 010.

Ahhh, the ScubaPro superflow hose. Of course. it does not use the standard 010.
It's a problem.
This post suggests a 903 or 902 o-ring.
Some say just try an 011.
The 010 is ID 0.239 in and CS 0.070 in.
the 902 i ID 0.239 in and CS 0.064 in.
The 903 is ID 0.351 in and CS 0.064 in.
The 011 is ID 0.301 in and CS 0.070 in.

As far as I can tell, the ScubaPro part number for your "correct" o-ring is 01-050-375.
Cross-referencing this, it is shown as ID 0.275 in and CS 0.060 in., and as Parker 5-020.
Cross-referencing Parker 5-2-2 gives ID 0.278 in and CS 0.046 in.
Looing for the closest AS568 o-rings suggests.....the 902 or 903.

Good luck.

Wow. Thanks guys. What great info! I’ll try the 902 or 903.
Turns out the metric o-ring size is 1.5x7, with ID 0.276 in and CS 0.059 in.
I'd try that one first.

I’ve got 902s and 903s in my drawer. If those don’t work I’ll try getting some metrics. I’ll why SP has to make things so difficult. 😆

@tursiops - A 902 worked. I was able to screw the 2nd all the way on. Ill test tomorrow in the water but I see no reason that it will not seal. Thank you for all the help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom