288 Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teknadv3x

Contributor
Reaction score
Ref: 288 Lake formerly The Reef will be open from 10am till 7pm on saturday, Sunday and Monday admission is $10.00 to dive.

Dave

Does this mean that it's open for business? I look forward to hearing some details and doing some dives.

I tried to google it but found nothing. I also posted on another site in Houston but no one seems to have any details. I am heading to Lake Jackson this weekend. Would like to dive this spot.

Cuda_72:
Does this mean that it's open for business? I look forward to hearing some details and doing some dives.

I am sorry I should of been more clear. They will be open. From 10am -7pm on 05/27, 05/28 and 05/29 for swimming ,scubadiving, and picnicers. Admission for everyone is $10.00. He has not notified the scuba shops about the site because he has not quite finished repairing the platforms and docks. In addition at this point in time he has not made a barrier to seperate the divers from the picnic/swimmers. So it is going to be similar to the public side of Windy point on a holiday weekend. If the vis is like it was a couple of weekends ago. at 15-20' of depth it was like divng in a giant aquarium.

Anyways hope that helps.
Dave

Teknadv3x:
If the vis is like it was a couple of weekends ago. at 15-20' of depth it was like divng in a giant aquarium.

Does it have coral reefs and tropical fish, too? :D

Dutchman,

Didn't realize you might consider some FW diving. Yes, 288 Lake (new name) and Twin Lakes are both about 35-45 min from Lake Jackson (north) on 288. Twin Lakes is just east of 288 on hwy 6. www.scubapark.net. 288 Lake is east off 288 on beltway 8, actually, it's located on a road just north of beltway 8 that runs parrallel to beltway 8. Twin Lakes would be the closest to you from Lake Jackson. The earlier the better.

Regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom