Trip Report 25 Days in French Polynesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

French Polynesia is open and see no reason that it would close. Especially when at its worst, they still kept it open to tourism.

My input on price tag...

When I went in 2017, flights direct from SFO weren't available yet, or just recently so, so I had to fly in/out of LAX. That added another $220 to the airfare. I used airmiles, but didn't have enough, so had to buy more points, which resulted in about a $750 plane ticket for SFO to PPT. I think full price, at the time, ranged from $900 to $1400, depending on route, with the cheaper ticket having a long layover in AKL.

Inter-island flights via Air Tahiti, $660 for Tahiti->Bora Bora->Rangiroa->Fakarava->Tahiti, most difficult part was working out a flight schedule that didn't involve back and forth to Tahiti. There are direct flights between islands, but less frequent than back/forth to Tahiti.

Ferry ride to/from Moorea $30

18 days of travel, 1st time, so sampling islands

Diving

Bora Bora, Eleuthera $428, 6 dives
Rangiroa, The 6 Passenger $741, 11 dives
Fakarava North, Dive Spirit $295, 5 dives
Moorea, Moorea Fun Dive $242, 4 dives

18 nights accommodations $1427, which ranged from bungalows on the beach with no aircon (fine with breezes) to hostel (Tahiti) to a pretty nice apartment on Moorea which ran $220/night for up to 4 people.

Total budget: $5600 with diving, $3900 without diving
Wow you got a lot of bang for the buck! Hats off to you.

Back
Top Bottom