Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't speak Russian myself, but I have always had this weird fantasy about divin in Lake Baykal.

Hopeless I know - it is a 6 hour flight and a 5 hour further drive from Moscow. And if I ever did get there, I would find my O-ring was broken and I didn't have a spare.
Hello, everybody! My name is Andrey Bobkov, I am a PDA Instructor and work for a dive center in Irkutsk, we also have a dive center in Listvyanka, right on the Baikal shore, so, Phone Man, you are really welcome to dive with us - no worries about a spare O-ring - we have everything necessary, even Inspiration Rebreathers, if anybody is interested in that.

Yes I did Baikal diving - but there nothing to see - only incredible cleas water (you can drink it underwater), huge green sponges (like cactuses from Mexican desert), drop off and very very few small creatures for Marco - It is just good place come there to say I did dive in the lake with 25 % Fresh water of the world. But go there second time??? for .. Russian North seas 20 times more interesting and exiting than Baikal
Andy B - pity you did not have enough time to explore the lake as well as we have, I am ready to show you some really interesting places. Our dive club members annually go on Lake Baikal expeditions in June, we have many interesting findings, say, an ancient ship wreck we found last year in the area of CircumBaikal Railway.

Rhone Man, no worries about spare O-rings or anything else! We dive in Lake Baikal all year round, just now it is almost covered in ice, you are welcome to take part in our ice-diving safaris! Check out my web-site: baikaldive.com

Isn't there a very intact wreck that they just found in the lake not so long ago? I bet if someone took some side can they could find some expansion era wrecks when the Trans Siberian railway was being built in a few areas of the lake. I also would think many would lie thousands of feet down also if they are out there.

Back
Top Bottom