22' Great White in 10' deep lake....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wow!!!! that is something else!!! so........hopefully it will find it's way back out to the ocean? it's not really trapped, right?? i hope they don't kill it.

What a magnificent animal that must be . . . I hope it doesn't die.

He was sitting in his boat going "THAT'S NOT SNOWFLAKE, THAT'S NOT SNOWFLAKE!"

I looked up the location on Google Maps. it really doesn't have an entrance to the ocean. it's got a small entrance but it appears that it's mostly a small area that is mostly covered with sand bars in the inlet. I'm guessing fish could swim up it, but not a 22' shark.

so this makes me wonder, did the shark swim up it years ago and grow to this size?

I wanted to ask from the first.. who measured it? :p

Have checked out the Aussie news web sites and actually watched the news here in Sydney this morning, and there has been no mention of a 22' Great White in Tuggerah Lake(sorry to spoil the fun). Tuggerah Lake is right on the coast and is tidal. However, if the story happens to be true, it would save me a lot of money by way of only having to travel to Tuggerah Lake (1 1/2 hours north of Sydney) instead of Port Linchon, South Australia ( half way across the country) to dive with such a creature.
Parso

I looked up the location on Google Maps. it really doesn't have an entrance to the ocean. it's got a small entrance but it appears that it's mostly a small area that is mostly covered with sand bars in the inlet. I'm guessing fish could swim up it, but not a 22' shark.

so this makes me wonder, did the shark swim up it years ago and grow to this size?
I looked it up on google earth. The satellite photos show many sand bars around a narrow channel, but the linked photos clearly show an entrance that is more than deep enough at high tide to accomodate a 22' shark.

Given that the "lake" is also more or less a small sound that has become mostly landlocked behind the sand spit, it is still a brackish tidal basin and is still open to the sea. I could see a great white swimming in there, and then also leaving unnoticed.

Back
Top Bottom