21st Annual Scuba Flea Market

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Surelyshirly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Scuba Flea Market....Sunday February 17.....

2008_flea_market.jpg

I went. It was ok. Lots of really OLD gear. Lots of really USED gear. Lot's of really CRAPPY gear. It truly is a "Flea Market" and I don't mean that to seem negative in any way. Perhaps someone will find something they need but I didn't see anything I wanted or needed personally. I did almost buy a used DUI weight harness though.

The new gear being sold was priced mostly close to msrp from what I saw. No INSANE deals there.

If you live close by then it may be fun just to go have a look. I would if I lived in NJ but coming from Queens was a bit far.

Sorry you didnt find what you were looking for but many other people did. It is a good way for new divers to get started with gear and more experienced divers often find a hidden treasure among the many offerings. That includes both the new and used.

I happened upon a gauge for my pony for under $20 and new dive T-shirts (including the Guy Harvey ones) for between $5 and $20. Some of the same ones being sold at vacation dive spots I visited in Florida for much more.

There was also the deal I got on a used steel tank with a 2 month old hydro and brandy new viz sold through a local dive shop so I trusted both inspections.

Need weights, spare hoods, a used wing or brand new gear strap..... depends on what you are looking for. You arent getting brand new 5ml gloves for $2 but people who clean boat bottoms and go through a set of gloves everyday are interested in those used ones.....

The offerings are varied and yes the offerings range from garage sale to lightly used to brand new but so do the prices.

Stop by and check it out

yea tru im looking for a few used tanks, a slightly used suit and maybe a back up bc so ill def be going, anyone from wreck valley going??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom