2022 Dive Goals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
CT-Rich

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
So, everyone finished the holiday ‘I was a good boy or girl’ gear purchases (don’t lie, you emailed links and it was paid for from a joint account). What did St Amazon deliver?

Now that you are tricked out as the scuba whore you really are, what are your gear/diving goals for 2022?

Usual goals. The usual Nova Scotia shore sites. But back to my usual 7 summer weeks in NYC area for the usual shore sites there (1st time since 2019 I hope). Get one step closer to 1,000 dives, hopefully a year from Sept. And oh yeah, the usual searching for shells.

Two fish I've been wanting to photograph are common in Puget Sound this time of year, so Merry and I are going to Seattle in two days. The new Honda outboards will be released in the Spring, so once we re-power our boat, we should be back to normal and diving a lot. Last year was a drag.
Which fish are you looking for? I'm guessing Pacific Spiny Lumpsuckers are one of them given the time of year.

All I really want to do is work on Instructor certification and improve my sidemount.

Gear-wise.....can't imagine there is anything left to buy but I am sure I will find more than a few items, lol.

Which fish are you looking for? I'm guessing Pacific Spiny Lumpsuckers are one of them given the time of year.
Lumpies and Grunt sculpins. I'd love to get one decent photo of each.

Two fish I've been wanting to photograph are common in Puget Sound this time of year, so Merry and I are going to Seattle in two days. The new Honda outboards will be released in the Spring, so once we re-power our boat, we should be back to normal and diving a lot. Last year was a drag.
Due to spawns? I need to get over there more. I haven't dove from a boat in the Sound yet - it has been all shore for me so far.

Moving house and having a bad dose of Salmonella food poisoning over the past month put an end to any thoughts of hitting 100 dives for 2021, which was annoying :mad:

Anyway hopefully I'll be hitting dive number 2,000 this year, and the key question is where it will be!

It has to be one of these dives that is done with friends IMHO, but with all of this Covid Cr@p so difficult to plan. I've currently logged 1,925 dives and had a plan in mind but one of my tech buddies is moving from Mexico back to the Middle East which may or may not have an influence on the plan.

I've also retired recently so time wise isn't too much of an issue but I'm more on a budget now for travel.

Some possible target dives could be:

1) BHB with some of my US based buddies
2) The Blue Hole in Dahab, Egypt with some of my tech buddies

What I have learned in the past though is that the best made plans always change.

…what are your gear/diving goals for 2022?

#1 - For dives in general, surface alive and unbent through optimal fitness, good planning, rehearsals and sound judgment.

#2 - For objectives, the Oriskany a couple of times.

#3 - Expand my network of dive buddies now that I’m settled down (I think) in Florida.

#4 - For training, get cave qualified finally. Maybe add sidemount (but not in a hurry with that).

#5 - For equipment, get fitted for and trained with my dry suit (in advance of cave training). Maybe an exploration DPV depending on my next job/salary. Short list is Genesis, then Subgravity and then SeaCraft but still studying.

#6 - Continue building out my Ford Transit 250 as a reconfigurable hobby support vehicle - technical diving with buddies, recreational diving with my wife and track days all over the US East Coast with my red Bologna bullet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom