2022 Anilao trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They call Anilao the muck diving capital for a reason. Most of the life ranges from a few inches to nearly microscopic. There are reefs with barrel sponges for wide angle, but the boats tend to hit the macro sites. Most of our dives were between 10-90 feet. Some animals, like the pygmy seahorses were found at 90 feet.

I think there is more value in all the camera geared in the photo with them all on the steps than in our 3 cars combined lol.

Looks like a great trip. Just out of curiosity would you recommend it for people with only a passive interest in macro?
You can always mix it with Puerto Galera which is just across the channel.
PG first and then Anliao because if the weather turns foul you won't be stranded and miss your flight home.

Great photos, thanks for sharing! I especially love the nudis on pure black with the reflection, how did you get that effect? Is it snooted? But how do you get the reflection?

I was in Anilao and PG in May but couldn’t make it to a blackwater dive despite trying multiple times, does Crystal Bay offer blackwater regularly? If so I would have to give them a try next time!

I use a scrying mirror as a stage. It's a polished ceramic disc.
1656639049721.png

Back
Top Bottom