2018 Feb 24, Baikal lake, ice diver Oleg Babko (RUS)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

АлександрД

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Дайвер утонул в Листвянке
Сегодня на Байкале, погиб мой друг, мой генеральный директор, хороший человек, прекрасный товарищ Олег Бабко! Вечная память!
Со слов сына (БАДИ):
Ныряли на "рогатке"! Зашли под лёд, заблудились, КОМПАСА НЕТ, долго бродили, у Олега заканчивался воздух, сын предложил поделиться, Олег наотрез отказался!!!, сын вышел, Олег остался, в спарке "0"!
Oleg Babko and his son had dive on the Baikal lake. There was ice fields.
They have NOT lifeline and compass. They lost direction under the ice plates, and looking for exit. His son offer to share his air, but Oleg refused. Son got hypothermia, but alive. Father, Oleg Babko, die. In the his twin tanks was "0".

Олег Бабко 1.jpg Олег Бабко 2.jpg Олег Бабко 3.jpg Олег Бабко 4.jpg

This is sad, but going while doing something one loves is the only way to go.....my condolences to the family.

Dying with your son or watching your father die while you look for a little hole in the ice is a long way from doing something you love.

If I would have killed my son by doing something as stupid as diving under ice with no lifeline back to the entrance, they would have found 2 bodies instead of only one because living with myself would be an impossibility.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom