2018 DIVE-CON

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dzydvl33

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Here is a link to the schedule and all you need to know to get to the 9th annual diver education conference.

9th Annual Diver Education Conference - The Safety Stop - Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo

One of the other members on here told me about it and suggested that I put it up for everyone. So here it is.

Unfortunately my wife and I will not be able to go. We are working a race that weekend. We hope to make it next year.

@Dzydvl33
Sorry you and your wife will miss the event, but be prepared for next year-- Always on the second Saturday of March-- (This year on March 17, which is St Patrick's day)

Thank you for posting the list of speakers I will post the speakers topics at a later date on this and other posts --

Some interesting facts on the presenters;
4 are SSI Pro 5000 award winners ( over 5000 dives)
5 have been professionally published
2 are board certified practicing Hyperbaric doctors
I had a career in professional UW movie production

Some interesting facts about the divcon
There will be a display of restored antique dive equipment
There will be a display of modern swimmer hats and UW S&R equipment

9th Annual Diver Education Conference

dp-logo_0.jpg

Saturday, March 17, 2018 -
08:00 to 16:00
Chuck Rawlinson at Depth Perceptions Diving Services is once again hosting San Luis Obispo's most attended Diver Education Conference. Chuck brings together a great collection of experts in the field of diving. Novice divers and experts will find a topic that interests them!

Speaker List (Subject to Change)
  • Dr. Sam Miller III - Dive Historian - Published UW Photographer and Writer
  • Dr. Steven R. Sabo - Hyperbaric & Undersea Medicine – Sports and Family Medicine
    California Men’s Colony Correctional Institution.
  • Dr. Adam Abroms - Board Certified Eye Surgeon & Ophtalmologist – ADV Vision Centers
  • Karl Huggins - USC Wrigley Marine Institute - Director of the Hyperbaric Facility
  • Dr. Sam Miller IV - Director Hyperbaric & Undersea Medicine & Emergency Medicine, Marian Medical Center Emergency Physician
  • John McKenney - San Luis Obispo County Sheriff Deputy - John Mckenney Productions - Underwater Documentary Film Maker
  • Maggie Jenkins - MS Candidate, Cal Poly Center for Coastal Marine Sciences

Fee
There is a non-refundable $10.00 fee for the Diver Education Conference that covers the cost of the morning snacks and buffet lunch. Pre-regegistration is required due to the limited seating. Contact Depth Perceptions Diving Services to register. Payment can me made by cash or check only. No credit or debit cards accepted. Last day to register is March 7th, 2017.

Conference Sponsors:
  • Pacific Gas & Electric Company - Energy Education Center
    • Energy Education Center Facilities
  • Depth Perceptions Diving Services
    • Conference Organization, Conference Promotion, Syllabus Binding
  • San Luis Obispo County Sheriff Department
    • Syllabus Reproduction, Breakfest Coffee, Snacks & Ice
Registration
Pre-registration is required-- seating is limited

Chuck Rawlinson
Depth Perceptions Diving Services
12322 Los Osos Valley Road
San Luis Obispo, CA 93405
805-595-3631
cmcdiver@aol.com

Payment:
$10.00 per person. Payable to Depth Perceptions by cash or check No credit or debit cards accepted.

Includes:
Conference Material, Beverages, Snacks & Buffet Lunch
(enough food for 150 divers or 500 humans)

Back
Top Bottom