2017 Dive Stats and Highlights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i use scuba earth but haven't in a while because it is a PIA. i have been holding back till they improve the wed page...till then i continue to use the classic, traditional, sturdy and reliable paper log book.

Bob, like you I've been fortunate enough to be able to travel and go to some great places to dive but the best dive trip I've ever been on was to the Socorro Islands. We saw the mantas, sharks, and ever a whaleshark on two dives but what I didn't expect was how friendly and up close the dolphins would get to you. I mean right up to you and stare you in the eye. Truly amazing.

I hope your trip will be something close to mine or even surpass it.

Ash

Thanks! Dolphins are quite inquisitive. I got nudged a couple times while snorkeling with spinners in the Red Sea ... they're amazing animals.

IMG_6877.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

We're headed back to the Socorros in November of 2019. Can't wait.

i use scuba earth but haven't in a while because it is a PIA. i have been holding back till they improve the wed page...till then i continue to use the classic, traditional, sturdy and reliable paper log book.
Though I'm a paper log guy, I did look into Scuba Earth when it first came out--just for the heck of it. Seemed to hard to figure out (not surprising for me....), but I did read some negative stuff about it as well.

Though I'm a paper log guy, I did look into Scuba Earth when it first came out--just for the heck of it. Seemed to hard to figure out (not surprising for me....), but I did read some negative stuff about it as well.

After it irretrievably lost the logs of myself and 3 friends so far, I no longer trust, use or recommend scuba earth.

55 dives in 2017
My regular day trips to Jupiter/West Palm
A week in the Exuma Cays on a liveaboard
A week in Belize on a liveaboard

Highlights:
  • 2 dives while on a business trip to New Zealand...was logistically a nightmare but well worth it to get a day diving in the Poor Knight's Islands; would love to go back to New Zealand and spend a week diving there;
  • SDI Solo certification to get the card that supports a lot of my actual diving as a very amateur photographer
  • Ordered (but not yet received) my first dry suit
  • Started making dive friends in the Pacific Northwest, because in 2018 I'm going to perform an old guy reverse stereotype move: after 35+years living Florida, I'm going to retire to the Pacific Northwest.

Attachments

• Poor Knights' Islands vertical crop red and green (1 of 1).jpg
    Poor Knights' Islands vertical crop red and green (1 of 1).jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 92
it's a 90s style website, slow and it really doesn't work
it has a lot of potential though: it could be a sort of "facebook for divers", and it could create a worldwide diving-community where you can share dive info and other diving-related things in a more dive-related way, without all the crap of facebook

@northernone: damn, that sucks >.<

18 total dives
6 in Japan (Miyako-jima)
12 in Australia (Queensland)

Notes:
- Did my first liveaboard experience, in the Coral Sea. Everything great... except seasickness.
- Bough my first dive computer. Nothing excemptional but I'm happy with it.
- Caves and tunnels of Miyako were REALLY cool.
- Highlights were the "private shooting" at the shark feeding in Osprey Reef and diving the Yongala, that wreck is a marine gold mine.

Last edited:
it's a 90s style website, slow and it really doesn't work
it has a lot of potential though: it could be a sort of "facebook for divers", and it could create a worldwide diving-community where you can share dive info and other diving-related things in a more dive-related way, without all the crap of facebook

@northernone: damn, that sucks >.<

Deepblu has a beta version of a "diving facebook". So far you can upload dive logs from their brand plus a few DCs from Scubapro, Tusa and Shearwater.

Back
Top Bottom