2015 Cajun Invasion is in Full Swing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CajunDiva

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Welcome to Key Largo! The Cajuns have arrived for our 3rd Annual CAJUN INVASION!!! The party is in full swing and I am happy to report that the weather is as close to perfection as it can get. We started out Sunday with 4-6 ft. seas...not great when you're the poster child for seasickness :shakehead: And to make matters, I mistakenly took 25 mg of my seasick medication instead of the minimal effective dose of 75 mg. Let's just say the fish were VERY happy during our 4 dives on Sunday! Thankfully conditions improved by Monday and after sitting out the morning, I've been diving...diving...diving! Who could ask for anything better???

The gang at Rainbow Reef Dive Center have somehow found a way to up their game even more. Our dives have been safe, strategic (going to locations with the best conditions) and more than anything...FUN!!! I had the great pleasure of making the acquaintance of a couple of our ScubaBoard buddies on the boat this morning. A big shout out to Brian, who just returned from Afghanistan with his rescued pooch "Shrapnel". He just completed the IDC at Rainbow Reef and I had the pleasure of diving the Spiegel Grove with him - I'm honored :blinking: I also enjoyed meeting and speaking with "bluesrunner" (please correct me if I got that one wrong!) What a great group of folks!

All I can say for now is that there are MANY fun stories and videos ahead. PLEASE don't believe everything these people are going to say about the Cajuns...we just like to have a BON TEMPS! (Good Time) :rofl3::D:rofl3:

---------- Post added May 21st, 2015 at 01:37 PM ----------

Today we have the pleasure of experiencing a rendezvous with reefman and timg at the Spiegel Grove. What awesome guys! Phil brought his beautiful 22' cat out to the site and there was no mistaking who they were. Tim was kind enough to shoot a group shot of our group at the flag on the Spiegel. Hopefully they will chime in here...

Thanks guys!!!

great to see you all on the grove. BTW, excellent divemaster from RR, he's been there, done that,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Today we have the pleasure of experiencing a rendezvous with reefman and timg at the Spiegel Grove. What awesome guys! Phil brought his beautiful 22' cat out to the site and there was no mistaking who they were. Tim was kind enough to shoot a group shot of our group at the flag on the Spiegel. Hopefully they will chime in here...

Thanks guys!!![/QUOTE]

Yes, reefman made a post. Thanks again to all of you for the great Cajun Feast last night! Nice day on the SG.

great to see you all on the grove. BTW, excellent divemaster from RR, he's been there, done that,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

I concur. We had two excellent guides on the boat that morning. Both were not just guides, but certified instructors who loved what they were doing. They are two of many on staff...one of the reasons we always opt to dive with a guide at Rainbow Reef. They really enhance the underwater experience. They're not too shabby on the surface either :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom