2006 Typhoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah....we can't CHIKKA with anyone there.....no email either.

I've been trying to call for the past couple of hours but all the circuits are busy.

Just got word from another owner that comms are out on Mindoro in many places. Apparently Calipan flooded pretty bad and the microwave dish got tossed around pretty good. Word is no fatalities and property damage is minimal. We'll see whne they come back on the air.

Wehay! We're back online :)

Just got connected again a few hours ago. The storm did go pretty much over the top of us at about 4am the other night. Lots of houses minus roofs, some complete houses blown away around as well. Several resorts lost roof sections and have trees down.

Seems like nobody in PG area was hurt, although I did hear a story of one fatality towards White Beach - no details though.

We lost a big tree in front of the resort which went through a section of the roof, but no major damage. Lots of flooded rooms, and the swimming pool is not exactly inviting right now; but we are pretty much back to normal and I plan to be swimming in the pool by tomorrow morning.

Divers went back out this am and this viz is not too bad, although definitely stirred up a bit.

As of now no power - we have generators though so that's ok in the resort(no power in my house though :( )
No landlines, but globe has been working throughout and smart came back online yesterday.
Lots of boats damaged so transfers from Batangas and diving is limited.

Think that's it really.

Dennis everything will be running as normal for your trip, so safe travels and we'll see you soon.

Cheers,

Matt.

WooHoo!!! Back online!!

good to hear from you Matt... glad all is well, and that i am not sleeping on your couch...

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom