2006 North Coast Dive Party

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

I'm from Santa Rosa, way up north.
I normally post on scubaboard nor cal and diver.net, but I wanted to tell more people about my event.

Every year I put on a big ab diving and scuba diving party up on the Sonoma Coast at Ocean Cove Campground, about 80 miles north of San Francisco.
The diving is very dramatic and fantastic. The hunting is very good and the abs are everywhere. We dive our _sses off then cook up fresh seafood and party around a huge bon fire every night.
This year the party will be August 3rd thru 6th 2006. At Ocean Cove Campground (14 miles north of Jenner).
The camping is only $16.00 a night and many people show up for Saturday and Sunday. I get there thursday with a group of hard core regulars and we claim several campsites together and set up the kitchen and our tents. The earlier you can get up there the better. That way we can get more sites together and you can get in more diving and camping!
The campground is really laid back and 90% of the people there are divers. Last year we partied till 3 am Saturday night and nobody said a word.

This is one of those great times that shouldn't be missed. There probably isn't much place in Socal left that you can still do this. I don't know, I'm just speculating' but it seems most areas down there would be strictly regulated.

You will need all your own personal camping stuff minus stoves and hardware. I have a full industrial kitchen set up and we all get involved in cooking up some great meals. I even have a few proffesional chefs there that just happen to dive so the food is unbelievable! You will feel very at home and nobody is allowed to feel like a stranger left out.

Every year there is a whole new bunch of newcomers that show up. Each year we get more from Socal. If you went to the last Socal party up in Malibu you have seen many of the faces that are veterans of the North Coast Party.

The water is in the high 40's to low 50's so you'll need a decent wetsuit or drysuit. Bring as many tanks as you'll want to dive and don't forget your licence and ab card!
If you have a boat that's a bonus, and If you have a kayak bring it. I have a boat and I try to get as many people out to a good site for at least a few dives, but there are a lot of people that show up so I always encourage people to have an alternative plan for shore diving or kayak diving. I know many very good spots for both. I working on getting several people there with boats.

Go to: http://oceancove.org/

ZKY

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom