200 bar versus 300 bar manifolds and valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a local LDS refuse to fill HP3500s (7/8) above 3000 while I had a 200/300 bar manifold on the set of tanks, despite having the correct 5500 burst disks.

He stated CGA " laws" and insurance.

This is a tech oriented shop with a dozen or so sets of doubles laying around.

Hmmm.

I had a local LDS refuse to fill HP3500s (7/8) above 3000 while I had a 200/300 bar manifold on the set of tanks, despite having the correct 5500 burst disks.

Hmmm.

Must have been a newbie tank monkey?

Owns the place...Fills trimix. Not what I expected.
I was actually going to argue about it btw... but I don't have any "evidence" - I tried to download CGA publications but they are pay for download, etc.
Bottom line I suppose... his compressor, his rules.

I was actually going to argue about it btw... but I don't have any "evidence" - I tried to download CGA publications but they are pay for download, etc.
Bottom line I suppose... his compressor, his rules.

Yeah that's how it goes I guess- luckily I have access to fill station that is capable of filling anything I want. Guess that's a plus of my father owning a shop :)

Anyway.... back (almost) to the OP's topic:

Anyone else ever had any issues with a fill whip working for 99% of 200 or 300 valves, but not even coming close to making a seal on one particular brand of valves? No issues with regs, only the fill whips.

200 bar is a rounding number, in reality they are for 230 bar. I would use either!

Hmmm.

DOT references CGA standards. The store was acting properly.

Many stores do not follow DOT rules and regs, he's just not one of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom