20+ dives with Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gr8ful divr

Reaction score
I'm about to book a trip with Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas. I should easily get in 22-30 dives over the 10 days I am there based on the 22 dives I am booking and potential night dives which will have to be booked while there. I have two questions. First, will I be diving the same limited number of sites or are there enough different dive sites that I should rest assured that I won't get bored?

Second, I will be staying at Orange Hill Inn. Has anyone stayed there? What is it like?

Been a few years but from what I recall they mix the sites up quite a bit depending on weather and sea currents. One nice thing about the south end of New Providence island is that there a bunch of good sites. Not sure if you've signed up for these but he also runs (or at least use to run) a couple shark dives each day. I've dove with Stuart Cove's outfit 3 or 4 times now. I'll have to check my logbook but off the top of my head I feel certain that we dove about a dozen unique sites whenever I was there for an extended period. Also ...the passengers pretty much dictate where the captain takes the boat (or again ...it used to be that way). So, if they tell you that they're headed to a site that you've already dove just speak up and ask them to consider an alternate.

By the way, watch out for Bubbles ...the big parrot sitting on a perch on the dock in front of the dive shop. Turn your back, if you're standing close enough, and it'll pluck the hat right off your head or your sunglasses.

Enjoy ...

'Slogger

gr8ful divr:
I'm about to book a trip with Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas. I should easily get in 22-30 dives over the 10 days I am there based on the 22 dives I am booking and potential night dives which will have to be booked while there. I have two questions. First, will I be diving the same limited number of sites or are there enough different dive sites that I should rest assured that I won't get bored?

Second, I will be staying at Orange Hill Inn. Has anyone stayed there? What is it like?

I just cgot back fron Stuarts last week, it was nice diving. Water was low 70's, 71 -73. I'll be quite honest...I brought a 5mm and my dry suit---I wore my DUI CF 200 and was a happy camper. Half the folks in 5mm were really cold by the end of the dive. if you go to http://www.mantaind.com/photo_gallery.htm I have some pics.

Have a great time
Greg

We dove with Stuarts Cove on Wednesday of last week. They were extremely accommodating. We did 4 dives - The Sea Viking and The Treasure Wreck in the AM and then after lunch we did a 2T Shark Dive which is an absolute must. Inside the photo shop there are photos of all the different dive sites. While weather plays a big role on where you dive, there may be a few sites you might repeat over that long of a time period. But to be honest, some of the sites I wouldn't mind diving again. We did a little Insland Hopping and stopped off for a few days on Grand Bahama Island and dove with Unexso on Saturday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom