2 years out of the water, lots of new gear bought within the past 2 weeks! Critique

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wanted the DR system, but the Hollis wing, that's funny. DGX wouldn't do it, not that it would have mattered at this point, because when I had both side by side I ended up with the H, however, I would not have paid $900 plus tax for it. I would have ended up getting the Eclipse at $799.00

I just got lucky, and the owner sold my the rig he just ordered for himself a heck of a good deal

I wish they had a Hollis Shop near me, I love this BP/W set up's online, good luck, I'm sure you'll be very happy with it

I hope you didn't pay new prices for the AA fins or venom mask. Buying their smoke on the water $260 split fins was one of the only real gear missteps I made...everything else I either bought used, still use today, or didn't really take a loss on it because it was a well-liked product in the secondary market. Those splits, while nice fins for anyone who doesn't need to back-kick, are absolute dogs in terms of new price vs. resale interest. Maybe the paddles will be better, though.

I bought the Venom mask on Ebay for $160 shipped, brand new. I had their last version, with the purple lens, so I knew it would fit good, and didn't mind paying $160 for it

The fins, same thing, but them brand new on Ebay for $150.00 shipped. They only came in yellow though in my size, I'm all ready catching hell for buying yellow fins from my buddies, lol

The VT4.1 same thing, brand new on Ebay for $600.00 shipped with transmitter and download cable
They guy had 6 of them, and in 24 hours he sold them all out, I was #3 to get mine :)

The fins, same thing, but them brand new on Ebay for $150.00 shipped. They only came in yellow though in my size, I'm all ready catching hell for buying yellow fins from my buddies, lol

Sharks like yellow. See if they still give you he'll when all the marine life flocks to you - and you get the best view!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tell them the yellow helps in low viz silted hot air share situations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom