Sold! 2 x Scubapro Mk11T titanium 1st stages

Sold!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, I was travelling but replied via DM. I sold my Mk11Ts and have none left, and of course I miss them. Scubapro should make more, but I bet they came to their senses and focus on stuff with better profit margins. Titanium reportedly is tough to work with. Buddhasummer was my ONLY hope to get mine (thanks!), they are that rare. But I agree that the auction in the external link above is unlikely to get a sale at that price. I felt embarrassed listing mine as I did for the price above, but they sold instantly for what I paid.

I would not change a thing on the Mk11T design except one idea: assymetric port arrangement. Make the ports like the Mk17-EVO on the divers left hand side and like the Mk11 or Mk17-classic on the divers right hand side. Perfection, especially since a small unsealed reg like this can be flipped upside down to give you the hose angles you want. Yup, I got Atomic Tis mainly for hose routing and my familiarity with piston reg servicing.

The weights are pictured below in ounces. But it's not just the weight. You'll never have corrosion inside if water gets in, and you can ding titanium up and no coating flakes off (which is why I would never color-anodize titanium, as it is a sure way to make the reg look aged after time).

If you make the Mk11T sealed, its weight will move into Apeks Flight and MK11-forged-brass (i.e. latest version) territory. Needs to be small and light. You want a sealed Mk11T? Then get an Oceanic TDX5 ! Can be upgraded to be sealed I think, is a diaphragm reg, and made of titanium...

Attachments

• IMG_6541.JPG
    IMG_6541.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_6542.JPG
    IMG_6542.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_6927.JPG
    IMG_6927.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 65
In the off chance someone stumbles on this thread looking to do a Mk11ti yoke to DIN conversion (or white to black), I wanted to list a few parts here. Thanks to Geo7 for help locating the part numbers.

Bumpers can be renewed or converted to black with ScubaPro parts:
35* - Bumper black (mk11t 35*) - 10707104
36* - Bumper black (mk11t 36*) - 10707120

The standard titanium DIN conversion kit for a Mk25ti works with the Mk11ti quite well.

Were you offering surplus bumpers to sell or just listing the parts for reference? If for sale, plz DM me a proposed price and payment method. We can work out details.

This MK 11 is already a DIN config, but it's got the white-turning-yellow thing going on, so need the knob too. Simon has advised I will need the Costco-sized tub of petroleum jelly if I go for the Ti plugs to match. I don't really understand the washers that SP specs in there for the HP & LP plugs, but they do.

1702239637904.png

Simon graciously facilitated provision of the DIN conversion for my other MK11t (does that sound like gloating?). I need to rebuild it and make it so.

Just for reference -- I'm not selling anything.
Were you offering surplus bumpers to sell or just listing the parts for reference? If for sale, plz DM me a proposed price and payment method. We can work out details.

This MK 11 is already a DIN config, but it's got the white-turning-yellow thing going on, so need the knob too. Simon has advised I will need the Costco-sized tub of petroleum jelly if I go for the Ti plugs to match. I don't really understand the washers that SP specs in there for the HP & LP plugs, but they do.

View attachment 815090

Simon graciously facilitated provision of the DIN conversion for my other MK11t (does that sound like gloating?). I need to rebuild it and make it so.

Yup, I do get some emails related to the Mk11T and this thread, and was in touch with KeesBL when he did his conversion, so I suggested he post the part numbers here (as I hard forgotten do so so). It was so hard to sort out the right parts with @buddhasummer (who I highly recommend to get these parts from), that I think it's useful for others to see the part numbers. It'll be so hard to dig through my notes to find them if anyone asks me in the future...

Expensive conversion, but the reg truly is a gem...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom