2 weeks in Tulamben too much ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi have booked two weeks in Tulamben but we think is a bit too much. We still have a couple of days to change the booking. Please advice.
thanks
monica

Thats a bit too long imho. I think 4-5 days and you will be maxed out and bored...dull town...so-so restaurants..beach is really small boulders ...USS Liberty is great but how much can you do ? Tons of other places to go on Bali both above (Ubud..volcanic lakes..temples etc) and below water. Transport is cheap and easy. Its a short flight to Komodo..which is really really awesome.

Did 10 days in Bali and 7 in Komodo, Sebayor Island with extra time laying over in Singapore last September...all great and spent 3 in Tulamben (Liberty was great and a super night dive) all of which seemed just about right with 4 in Permuteran (Taman Sari) diving Menjangen. Only regret is not staying at Komodo Resort longer which had by far the best diving. btw I had good time in Singapore too.

Thats a bit too long imho. I think 4-5 days and you will be maxed out and bored...dull town...so-so restaurants..beach is really small boulders ...USS Liberty is great but how much can you do ? Tons of other places to go on Bali both above (Ubud..volcanic lakes..temples etc) and below water. Transport is cheap and easy. Its a short flight to Komodo..which is really really awesome.

Did 10 days in Bali and 7 in Komodo, Sebayor Island with extra time laying over in Singapore last September...all great and spent 3 in Tulamben (Liberty was great and a super night dive) all of which seemed just about right with 4 in Permuteran (Taman Sari) diving Menjangen. Only regret is not staying at Komodo Resort longer which had by far the best diving. btw I had good time in Singapore too.

I agree with this 100%. If you really want the best dive trip, a week in Bali, 4-5 days diving Tulamben, 2 days to explore some of the island, then a week diving Komodo. Komodo is unforgettable; some of the best diving on the planet. This would be the best possible 2 week trip I could think of for the area.

If you plan on staying in Bali, the others have covered your options. Two weeks is too long at the wreck, even if you dive the surrounding sites.

Thanks to all for the answers ! Following your advices, We finally have decided to 5 days in Tulamben and 10 days in Lembongan ! Looking forward to dive in this places !
Thanks again and have a happy dive !
Monica

---------- Post added January 17th, 2013 at 02:43 PM ----------

Thanks to all for the answers ! Following your advices, We finally have decided to 5 days in Tulamben and 10 days in Lembongan ! Looking forward to dive in this places !
Thanks again and have a happy dive !

Back
Top Bottom