2 weeks diving in the Phillipines in january, help with plan.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Magnus Lundstedt

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I plan to go ~2 weeks to the Phillies in January, partly as a visa run from Thailand.

My plan is to fly to Cebu/Macattan stay there for 5 days diving, transfer to Malapascua, 5 days diving, then back to Cebu/Macttan. Then fly back to Thailand.

My question is if it is reasonable to plan ten days of diving in two weeks with the transfers between sites i mentioned. Is it reasonable to dive day 2-6 in Macatan then transfe to Malapascua day 7, dive day 8-12 on Malapascua then transfer back to Macatan day 13 and fly out day 14.

Also i like to know if you guys can recommend any dive centers in Cebu/Macatan and in Malapascua.

I am a SSI AA diver if it is any difference.

I

Have you ever thought about doing a dive safari?

It's like a liveaboard in that you go from one place to another and dive along the way, get meals on board, but then you sleep at night on land in hotels that are included in the price or if you opt to stay on the boat, you get a discount. The safari starts and ends at the points in the picture below but the trips go back and forth so depending on the week that you get on, you can start or end in Moalboal or Sipalay. Since you have 2 weeks you can still get to Malapascua and still get in lots of diving with minimal time lost in transit.

The safari is run by a few operators...Savedra, Cebu Fun Divers, etc.

map_safari_bohol600.gif

I plan to go ~2 weeks to the Phillies in January, partly as a visa run from Thailand.

My plan is to fly to Cebu/Macattan stay there for 5 days diving, transfer to Malapascua, 5 days diving, then back to Cebu/Macttan. Then fly back to Thailand.

My question is if it is reasonable to plan ten days of diving in two weeks with the transfers between sites i mentioned. Is it reasonable to dive day 2-6 in Macatan then transfe to Malapascua day 7, dive day 8-12 on Malapascua then transfer back to Macatan day 13 and fly out day 14.

Also i like to know if you guys can recommend any dive centers in Cebu/Macatan and in Malapascua.

I am a SSI AA diver if it is any difference.

I
Yes that's perfectly reasonable.

Try Scotties on Mactan, and Evolution on Malapascua(but I am biased!)

Thank you both for your reply.

I do not think the safari is for me this time, maybe another time.

I have looked at your website, evolution and on Scotties website, i think both looks like god alternatives from the website, but i miss the possibility to see prices on the website. I am travel on a budget and like to know how much the cost is before i decide on divecenter.

Thank you both for your reply.

I do not think the safari is for me this time, maybe another time.

I have looked at your website, evolution and on Scotties website, i think both looks like god alternatives from the website, but i miss the possibility to see prices on the website. I am travel on a budget and like to know how much the cost is before i decide on divecenter.
Hi Magnus, send us an email with what you are looking for and we'll give you a package quote. Use the website inquiry form or just email direct on info@evolution.com.ph

Thanks!

Scotties is on the expensive side. There are lot of operators on Mactan but plenty of them dealing mainly with Korean and commie chinese! So select it carefully.
There are some interesting sites on the outer islands but finding someone to take you there is NOT easy. Demand and supply + diver experience.

Back
Top Bottom