2-month stay in Bonaire: recommendations for diving, car rental, etc.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slippy_lolo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone! I will soon be staying with a friend for 2 months in Bonaire. It's our first time on the island and we have a few questions regarding what's typical for prices/logistics.
  • Diving. We will not be diving every day, but mostly every week-end + a few days here and there. Additionally, while I have my own gear, my friend does not. Do you know of dive centres which are best able to accommodate for this and offer us a package over the two months?
  • Car rental. We checked around a bit, but what car rental company do people recommend for a "long-term" rental of two months? We are looking to get a pick-up to facilitate the diving.
  • Accommodation. We have found a few great villas to rent, however a bit curious on what would be typical prices for a 2-3 bedroom place. Two months is shorter than the typical "long-term" rental deal.
Thank you very much!

Dive Friends did, and may still, sell punch cards for fills, like 10 or 20 tanks at a time, at a discount vs. the single rate.

Have you checked with any on island real estate brokers? They do more monthly rentals than vacation rentals, I don't know if they all have minimums or how long they are but they are cheaper than the weekly rates through VRBO etc.

I haven't stayed in Bonaire at that length, but I have always stayed at a vacation rental. Sometimes through VRBO sometimes booked directly through their website. Sunrentals Bonaire - Villas & Apartments is one I personally have used.

As arew+4 mentioned, I believe some dive ops still have option of number of tanks rented vs unlimited for 6-7 days.

I have no idea about a long term vehicle. I'd reach out to a few of the rental companies and see if they would rent monthly vs weekly and hopefully give a decent discount.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom