2 JAN 2021 tickets to Bonaire Cancelled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did they just give you the money back, or offer to reschedule, and if so, we it a choice between the two?

Sorry that happened. Hope you still get to go.

They credited us back the air miles and the fees.

Only the outbound flight was cancelled. In a rare moment of common sense, they also agreed to cancel and refund our return trip in advance because we would not be there to come back.

Good news, better get it rescheduled quickly. Spoke to Buddy Dive today and they are starting to fill up for May. Flights look wide open though.

This is the third trip since CV that we have had cancelled. It is very emotionally draining. I think we will sit out making any new reservations at any other locations that are currently closed or require the 72 hour PCR test.

We still have two on the books for 2021. We anticipate our March Cayman Brac trip being cancelled again. Sorry we took the rebooking instead of the credit or refund.

In the meantime, we have been going to Panama City Beach which is within one days driving distance of us. Not as good as Cayman Brac, Bonaire, or Egypt. But good for what it is.

We may also try going back to Cozumel since it does not require the 72 hour test currently.

This is really good.

United rescheduled one of the people in the group for an outbound bonaire flight two weeks later without his permission. Apparently, they thought it was ok for him to get there on Sat 16 JAN and fly out on Sun 17 JAN on his original ticket.

Seriously.

Sorry your plans got screwed up. While I think all airlines have generally become the Greyhound Bus of the sky, United takes the cake for being the worst. Last week I was looking at tickets to either Bonaire or Curacao for Feb. Now when I look today, the options have drastically slimmed down, requiring an overnight on at least one leg of the flight. I guess like the rest of the world, I am banking on the Covid vaccine helping to pull us all through this mess.

United is rolling their cancellations forward... cancelled our outbound flights for Jan 16 through Newark. I was certainly prepared to test and go, but I'm glad they didn't drag it out to the last minute so I can plan something else closer to home and don't lose any deposits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom