2 Divers Shot in Pemba (Tanzania) Need Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am honeymooning in Pemba in September (Diving as much as possible) and have just heard about the latest attack in the region off of Africas East Coast.
I've read of a fair few incidents in the region ranging from shooting, piracy, theft etc.
Does anyone know first hand what its like out there.
Is it just one of those things that should be kept in perspective - or should we avoid the area all together.

PLEASE HELP - ANY ADVICE WILL BE GRATEFULLY RECEIVED.

Thanks

Hello there, I've already posted this in the Africa section - but have just joined this forum and am desperate to get some advice.

I am honeymooning in Pemba (off of Tanzania) in September and have heard about the latest attack in Pemba. 2 British divers were shot.

Does anyone know this place first hand - is it a dangerous area or is this attack being hyped out of proportion by the media.

I've read about a few incidents of Piracy, attacks, shooting etc in the area and am now panicing about going.

PLEASE HELP

Thanks for that. I've seen that report and several on the bbc site. I know they weren't diving which is even worse for me - We're doing the postcard honeymoon thing with a secluded bungalow on the beach so we're potentially vulnerable day and night!
Just cant seem to get any decent info on it anywhere!

Barleymagrew:
Hello there, I've already posted this in the Africa section - but have just joined this forum and am desperate to get some advice.

I am honeymooning in Pemba (off of Tanzania) in September and have heard about the latest attack in Pemba. 2 British divers were shot.

Does anyone know this place first hand - is it a dangerous area or is this attack being hyped out of proportion by the media.

I've read about a few incidents of Piracy, attacks, shooting etc in the area and am now panicing about going.

PLEASE HELP

about it but can give you no more help. If you want to give the tickets away I'll take them of your hands :wink:

I'm from South Africa and I can never understand why Westerners want to believe their value systems and idiologies exist in Africa???? It's Africa, it dangerous, don't go there without a gun, actually make sure it's an automatic too...........simple.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom